If you’re looking for a simple, festive cocktail to get you into the Christmas spirit for 2020, then look no further. Introducing the Pomegranate Gin Sling.
This drink is easy to make, easy to drink and easy on the eye – what more could you want to help you through the holiday season. In my family, we always rustle up a few of these to get things going on Christmas eve. They’re quite strong, so they get you feeling frisky fast. Normally it only takes one or two of these to get me going before I start hitting up the other Christmas booze.
What will you need?
All you’ll need is some gin (I reckon you probably have some handy), some pomegranate juice (you could substitute with cranberry juice if you prefer), a little lime juice to add some citrus zest and some simple syrup to keep it sweet. You’ll also need some large ice cubes and a cocktail shaker, jamjar or beaker to blend the mixture smoothly. This drink is a great Christmas ice breaker and guaranteed to get you all in a festive mood. And don’t forget to leave a glass out for Santa in the evening – I understand he’s partial to a good cocktail along with his mince pies (although I’m not sure what the fine is for being drunk in charge of a sleigh!)
Ingredients (2 servings):
- ¼ cup of gin
- ¼ cup chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 8 pomegranate seeds
- 2 lime slices
- Combine the gin, pomegranate juice, simple syrup and lime juice
- Pour ice into 2 glasses, pour mixture over ice and stir
- Add 4 pomegranate seeds into each glass
- Garnish with lime slices
Top tip: if you prefer something a bit spicier, try using this recipe and then pouring the mixture into a tall glass, before topping it up with ginger ale or ginger beer. Merry Christmas!!
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- The Ruddles Report: JanuaryNotes from a gin dog In the latest edition of the Ruddles gin report, our faithful gin dog has been sniffing out some news that you might find ginteresting. Winter is not his favourite time of year and lockdown hasn’t helped. He’s been keeping himself busy scouring the world’s media for the gin stories you … Continued
- NUT gin: the clue is in the name!We stumbled across a lovely little gin the other day. It’s from right here in Catalunya and frankly it was too good for us not to share. Go nuts! Introducing NUT gin, craft-distilled in the Emporda region of Catalunya nestled between the rugged drama of the Pyrenean mountains and the cooling breezes of the Mediterranean … Continued
- Gin-Gin Mule: a gin cocktail with a kick!Many of us will have heard of the legendary Moscow Mule. It’s a classic cocktail and it’s been around forever. It is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. The Moscow Mule is generally served in copper mugs and is one of the simplest and … Continued
- The Italian Job: penne pasta with ginWhat could be better on a cold winter’s day than a warming, comforting bowl of pasta to heat you up from the inside? How about a bowl of pasta that has gin as one of its main ingredients? Got your attention, didn’t we!There can be few more comforting things in the world than a hot, … Continued