If you’re looking for a simple, festive cocktail to get you into the Christmas spirit for 2020, then look no further. Introducing the Pomegranate Gin Sling.
This drink is easy to make, easy to drink and easy on the eye – what more could you want to help you through the holiday season. In my family, we always rustle up a few of these to get things going on Christmas eve. They’re quite strong, so they get you feeling frisky fast. Normally it only takes one or two of these to get me going before I start hitting up the other Christmas booze.
What will you need?
All you’ll need is some gin (I reckon you probably have some handy), some pomegranate juice (you could substitute with cranberry juice if you prefer), a little lime juice to add some citrus zest and some simple syrup to keep it sweet. You’ll also need some large ice cubes and a cocktail shaker, jamjar or beaker to blend the mixture smoothly. This drink is a great Christmas ice breaker and guaranteed to get you all in a festive mood. And don’t forget to leave a glass out for Santa in the evening – I understand he’s partial to a good cocktail along with his mince pies (although I’m not sure what the fine is for being drunk in charge of a sleigh!)
Ingredients (2 servings):
- ¼ cup of gin
- ¼ cup chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 8 pomegranate seeds
- 2 lime slices
- Combine the gin, pomegranate juice, simple syrup and lime juice
- Pour ice into 2 glasses, pour mixture over ice and stir
- Add 4 pomegranate seeds into each glass
- Garnish with lime slices
Top tip: if you prefer something a bit spicier, try using this recipe and then pouring the mixture into a tall glass, before topping it up with ginger ale or ginger beer. Merry Christmas!!
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- Sloe-ly does it: a boozy apple and blackberry crumble to warm your soulAutumn is always a strange time of year. The weather lurches from warm autumn sunshine to wet winter winds in what seems like the blink of an eye. The leaves turn to a golden brown and deliver a satisfying crunch under foot as we try to make the most of what’s left of the summer … Continued
- Larios Provenzal: the sweet taste of the MedLet me be clear. Long before I discovered Larios Provenzal. I was a big fan of Larios gin. I have been a fan ever since I first moved to Barcelona, almost a decade ago. With a local heritage and a long tradition, it has been quietly making a name for itself as a great value … Continued
- Let’s drink to our health: 5 reasons why gin is good for you!Is gin the elixir of life or the devil’s juice? Alcohol has a rich tradition of medicinal application earned over the centuries. Since its earliest days it has been recognised as having life-restoring properties of its own. Despite early recognition of gin’s medicinal benefits and the reviving qualities of spirits such as brandy and bitters, … Continued
- Lind&Lime: the perfect gin in the perfect bottle?Lind&Lime could just be the perfect gin for me. Sometimes you unwittingly discover a beautiful gin hidden inside a hideous bottle. Other times, you stumble across a terrible gin cunningly disguised inside an expensive looking bottle. But the greatest delight of all is when you spot a gorgeous bottle and then discover that the gin inside … Continued