If you’re looking for a simple, festive cocktail to get you into the Christmas spirit for 2020, then look no further. Introducing the Pomegranate Gin Sling.
This drink is easy to make, easy to drink and easy on the eye – what more could you want to help you through the holiday season. In my family, we always rustle up a few of these to get things going on Christmas eve. They’re quite strong, so they get you feeling frisky fast. Normally it only takes one or two of these to get me going before I start hitting up the other Christmas booze.
What will you need?
All you’ll need is some gin (I reckon you probably have some handy), some pomegranate juice (you could substitute with cranberry juice if you prefer), a little lime juice to add some citrus zest and some simple syrup to keep it sweet. You’ll also need some large ice cubes and a cocktail shaker, jamjar or beaker to blend the mixture smoothly. This drink is a great Christmas ice breaker and guaranteed to get you all in a festive mood. And don’t forget to leave a glass out for Santa in the evening – I understand he’s partial to a good cocktail along with his mince pies (although I’m not sure what the fine is for being drunk in charge of a sleigh!)
Ingredients (2 servings):
- ¼ cup of gin
- ¼ cup chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice
- 8 pomegranate seeds
- 2 lime slices
- Combine the gin, pomegranate juice, simple syrup and lime juice
- Pour ice into 2 glasses, pour mixture over ice and stir
- Add 4 pomegranate seeds into each glass
- Garnish with lime slices
Top tip: if you prefer something a bit spicier, try using this recipe and then pouring the mixture into a tall glass, before topping it up with ginger ale or ginger beer. Merry Christmas!!
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- The Italian Job: penne pasta with ginWhat could be better on a cold winter’s day than a warming, comforting bowl of pasta to heat you up from the inside? How about a bowl of pasta that has gin as one of its main ingredients? Got your attention, didn’t we!There can be few more comforting things in the world than a hot, … Continued
- Gin punch: a giant cocktail served in a bowlWe all like a cocktail. But 200 years before the term was invented, we had to resort to other creative ways of getting our alcohol fix. In those days, there were no cocktail glasses, fancy recipes or bartender’s tools in those days – so they turned to punch! In its earliest days, in the 18th … Continued
- Smoky ice cubes: are they really a thing?No smoke without fire? Smoky ice cubes are indeed a thing. And they’re so easy to make. You could go all out and spend a day preparing a fire, smoking the wood and delicately infusing the ice. Or, you could simply buy a small bottle of liquid smoke and add a few drops to your … Continued
- Queen Bee cocktail: a blend of natural honey and citrus to get you buzzing!!Looking for a delicious new cocktail to get 2021 off to a great start? Then, look no further. Introducing the Queen Bee cocktail – a beautiful smooth and healthy gin cocktail that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Silky smooth blend of citrus and honey (with a coffee edge) Mixed from a … Continued