Autumn is definitely in the air and we all know that Winter is just around the corner.
So, while you’re feeling the comforting crunch of fallen leaves beneath your feet and before the cold winter wind drives you towards the mulled wine, how about something a little different – a nice warming Hot Gin Toddy to get you through the weeks between now and Christmas.
Hot gin might sound a bit weird but it’s delicious.
Why not give it a try this weekend if you need a little “gin hug” to revive your spirits..
There are some great seasonal gin cocktail recipes that are perfect for the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. They are easy to make and guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out as the nights grow colder, longer and darker.
You can even drink them from a coffee cup – nobody will ever know!
Here’s one of our favourites, a simple recipe, full of Autumn goodness and gingery warmth.
Wrap up warm, put the kettle on and enjoy.
Hot Gin Toddy Recipe
- 1 ginger tea bag
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 oz. gin
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 lemon
- Put all the ingredients in a mug.
- Add 8 oz hot water.
- Garnish with a cinammon stick.
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- The rise of Canadian gin: 5 of the best from the Great White NorthCanadian gin is on the rise. This week, we thought we’d take a look at some of the best brands from the Great White North (with a little inspiration from our Barcelona Gin friend, Sylvia Short). Here in Barcelona, we’re blessed with a beautiful year-round climate. But, like everyone, we complain about the weather even … Continued
- Goodbye cocaine and coffee, hello Colombian Treasure gin!We’d like to introduce you to the delights of premium Colombian Treasure gin from the folks at Dictador (43% ABV). This deliciously smooth, sugar cane-based gin is packed with local citrus and aged in oak barrels to give it a rich citric smoothness that makes it stand out from the crowd. And it’s well worth … Continued
- UKIYO Japanese Blossom gin: is this my favourite gin ever?Banzai! I think I’ve just had the best gin I’ve ever tasted. I wasn’t expecting it. In fact it was a gift at a surprise birthday party. And I wasn’t expecting that either. But this gin has just blown my Christmas socks off! The thing is, there are so many gins around to try now. … Continued
- Merry Gin-mas everybody: 12 tips for a tipsy holiday!He’s been getting ready since January and his big moment is coming soon. The Jolly Old Elf (AKA Santa Claus) is already preparing to sprinkle holiday cheer around the world from his festive fleet of flying reindeer. Christmas is almost here and we’re all looking forward to welcoming Santa down the chimney as we celebrate … Continued
- The rise of Canadian gin: 5 of the best from the Great White North
- Goodbye cocaine and coffee, hello Colombian Treasure gin!
- UKIYO Japanese Blossom gin: is this my favourite gin ever?
- Merry Gin-mas everybody: 12 tips for a tipsy holiday!