Autumn is definitely in the air and we all know that Winter is just around the corner.
So, while you’re feeling the comforting crunch of fallen leaves beneath your feet and before the cold winter wind drives you towards the mulled wine, how about something a little different – a nice warming Hot Gin Toddy to get you through the weeks between now and Christmas.
Hot gin might sound a bit weird but it’s delicious.
Why not give it a try this weekend if you need a little “gin hug” to revive your spirits..
There are some great seasonal gin cocktail recipes that are perfect for the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. They are easy to make and guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out as the nights grow colder, longer and darker.
You can even drink them from a coffee cup – nobody will ever know!
Here’s one of our favourites, a simple recipe, full of Autumn goodness and gingery warmth.
Wrap up warm, put the kettle on and enjoy.
Hot Gin Toddy Recipe
- 1 ginger tea bag
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 oz. gin
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 lemon
- Put all the ingredients in a mug.
- Add 8 oz hot water.
- Garnish with a cinammon stick.
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- GinCity, London: the star of your barI love GinCity. Every so often, you come across a gin that takes you by surprise. So, when I received a bottle of GinCity London this Christmas, I was initially seduced by the beautiful bottle. Elegant and tall, the glass is intricately etched with a map of my home city in exquisite detail. Every London … Continued
- Gin Sangria: the best of both worldsSome people think it’s impossible to have the best of both worlds. At Barcelona Gin, we respectfully disagree. Barcelona and London. Gin and tonic. Sun and sea… But there’s a magical combination that combines all of these things in one delicious, refreshing jug of summer loving. For most people, Sangria is a drink mostly tasted … Continued
- Gin Key Lime Pie: a taste of summer sunshineSummer is on its way! It’s that time of year when the weather likes to tease us. We’re offered little glimpses of sunshine before the warmth is dampened by the clouds. We enjoy walking on the sunny side of the street, but freeze in the shade. We have warm spells but we know we can’t … Continued
- Mini-Egg Martini – the perfect Easter cocktail!There’s a little debate going on now in gin circles. With all the flavoured gins out there, when does it become too much? For the purists, the very idea of a strawberry-flavoured gin send shivers down the spine. On the other hand, the advent of flavoured gins has opened the door to millions of gin … Continued