It’s been my “go to” Summer drink ever since, because it combines some of my favourite ingredients including elderflower, lime, ginger and gin. Mixed together it is the lightest and most refreshing of summer cocktails.
Perfect for sipping on a summer’s day overlooking the clear waters of the trout stream that flows swiftly under the amazing converted mill deep in the Hampshire countryside – now home to the Bombay Sapphire distillery (and one of the best and prettiest gin tours in the UK).
Here’s how to make a Laverstoke cocktail (courtesy of Bombay Sapphire’s head bartender, Sam Carter.
- Squeeze 2 freshly cut lime wedges into a large copa (balloon) glass then drop in
- Pour in 10 ml of Elderflower cordial (paid link)
- Add 15 ml of Martini Rosso vermout (paid link)
- Pour in 50 ml of gin, preferably Bombay Sapphire! (paid link)
- Fill glass completely with large ice cubes and stir well to chill
- Pour ginger ale (or ginger beer) down a twisted bar spoon over the ice and gently stir cocktail at same time
- Garnish with a snapped ginger slice and an awoken mint leaf
- Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy…
For more of Sam’s delicious gin cocktail recipes click here
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- Sloe-ly does it: a boozy apple and blackberry crumble to warm your soulAutumn is always a strange time of year. The weather lurches from warm autumn sunshine to wet winter winds in what seems like the blink of an eye. The leaves turn to a golden brown and deliver a satisfying crunch under foot as we try to make the most of what’s left of the summer … Continued
- Larios Provenzal: the sweet taste of the MedLet me be clear. Long before I discovered Larios Provenzal. I was a big fan of Larios gin. I have been a fan ever since I first moved to Barcelona, almost a decade ago. With a local heritage and a long tradition, it has been quietly making a name for itself as a great value … Continued
- Let’s drink to our health: 5 reasons why gin is good for you!Is gin the elixir of life or the devil’s juice? Alcohol has a rich tradition of medicinal application earned over the centuries. Since its earliest days it has been recognised as having life-restoring properties of its own. Despite early recognition of gin’s medicinal benefits and the reviving qualities of spirits such as brandy and bitters, … Continued
- Lind&Lime: the perfect gin in the perfect bottle?Lind&Lime could just be the perfect gin for me. Sometimes you unwittingly discover a beautiful gin hidden inside a hideous bottle. Other times, you stumble across a terrible gin cunningly disguised inside an expensive looking bottle. But the greatest delight of all is when you spot a gorgeous bottle and then discover that the gin inside … Continued