It’s been my “go to” Summer drink ever since, because it combines some of my favourite ingredients including elderflower, lime, ginger and gin. Mixed together it is the lightest and most refreshing of summer cocktails.
Perfect for sipping on a summer’s day overlooking the clear waters of the trout stream that flows swiftly under the amazing converted mill deep in the Hampshire countryside – now home to the Bombay Sapphire distillery (and one of the best and prettiest gin tours in the UK).
Here’s how to make a Laverstoke cocktail (courtesy of Bombay Sapphire’s head bartender, Sam Carter.
- Squeeze 2 freshly cut lime wedges into a large copa (balloon) glass then drop in
- Pour in 10 ml of Elderflower cordial (paid link)
- Add 15 ml of Martini Rosso vermout (paid link)
- Pour in 50 ml of gin, preferably Bombay Sapphire! (paid link)
- Fill glass completely with large ice cubes and stir well to chill
- Pour ginger ale (or ginger beer) down a twisted bar spoon over the ice and gently stir cocktail at same time
- Garnish with a snapped ginger slice and an awoken mint leaf
- Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy…
For more of Sam’s delicious gin cocktail recipes click here
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- Ólafsson gin: the exquisite, natural taste of IcelandIcelandic gin is on the rise. I suppose it should come as no surprise that one of the most dramatic landscapes on earth has turned to its natural resources for inspiration. Iceland now creates some of the most interesting new gins available anywhere in the world. From the early days of the gin revolution, brands … Continued
- Sloe gin Bramble pie: blackberries, booze and elephantsIt’s sloe gin time. There’s no point in pretending any more. Autumn is well into its stride and winter lies just ahead. While the last warm bursts of sunshine still make an occasional appearance, it’s only a brief tease before the grey clouds and drizzle take over. However we believe in the brighter side of … Continued
- Gin snacks: 5 amazing recipes to spice up your gin and tonicThere’s only one thing better than sipping on a freshly made G&T, built with care and garnished with love and that’s having the right snack available as you sip on our favourite drink. So, we thought we’d suggest some simple, nutty accompaniments which will make your G&T go down a treat. From sweet almond nibbles … Continued
- Oxley Gin: the gin that came in from the coldIf you like a classic juniper-forward gin with a twist, then we might have just discovered the perfect gin for you. Welcome to the wonderful world of Oxley Gin, a classic blend of tradition and innovation that delivers one of the most well balanced, smoothest and easiest to drink gins around. With 14 different botanicals … Continued