It’s been my “go to” Summer drink ever since, because it combines some of my favourite ingredients including elderflower, lime, ginger and gin. Mixed together it is the lightest and most refreshing of summer cocktails.
Perfect for sipping on a summer’s day overlooking the clear waters of the trout stream that flows swiftly under the amazing converted mill deep in the Hampshire countryside – now home to the Bombay Sapphire distillery (and one of the best and prettiest gin tours in the UK).
Here’s how to make a Laverstoke cocktail (courtesy of Bombay Sapphire’s head bartender, Sam Carter.
- Squeeze 2 freshly cut lime wedges into a large copa (balloon) glass then drop in
- Pour in 10 ml of Elderflower cordial (paid link)
- Add 15 ml of Martini Rosso vermout (paid link)
- Pour in 50 ml of gin, preferably Bombay Sapphire! (paid link)
- Fill glass completely with large ice cubes and stir well to chill
- Pour ginger ale (or ginger beer) down a twisted bar spoon over the ice and gently stir cocktail at same time
- Garnish with a snapped ginger slice and an awoken mint leaf
- Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy…
For more of Sam’s delicious gin cocktail recipes click here
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- Khao San gin: a fiery trip back to ThailandKhao San Gin – the spirit of South East Asia and named after a street I remember well. It was many years ago now when I flew to Thailand to meet my girlfriend. She’d been backpacking across Asia for 6 months. I’d heard her saying how she had been dreaming of hot showers and clean … Continued
- The Ruddles Report: February 2021 Gin NewsRuddles has been at it again. As the hairy “face” of Barcelona Gin, he’s very easy to like – and his opinions carry weight. He’s lent his marketing power to a few Barcelona Gin posts recently and every time, they beat all our records for engagement. We think he’s our secret weapon. That’s why, in … Continued
- Gin Sea: born in London, raised in SpainGin Sea’s 5-times distilled base spirit is sourced from England and imported directly to Manuel Barrientos’ little gin project in Galicia. All the best gins start with the best ingredients and this is no exception. It’s the highest quality neutral grain spirit around and is sourced overseas before a touch of Galician magic is added … Continued
- The Ginger Tom: a spicy twist on a cocktail classicHere’s a fabulous cocktail recipe based on one of the most famous gin drinks of all time. Introducing the Ginger Tom. But before we share the recipe, we thought it would be a good idea to check out the heritage and history of this delicious drink. The Cat’s Whiskers The Ginger Tom is one of … Continued