So, which are the 5 gin drinking countries in the world? Prepare to be surprised!
- The Philippines tops the list drinking a massive 1.4 litres of gin per person per year (almost 6 times as much per head than the USA)
- Slovakia comes in an impressive second place in the gin drinking table, clocking up an impressive 1.2 litres per person per year
- The Netherlands lands at number 3 with around one standard 70cl gin bottle per person consumed every year
- Spain is in 4th place and consumption is on the rise, driven by its leading role in the gin revolution, its huge copa glasses and its dramatic garnishes, Spain has elevated drinking gin in to an art form
- The UK comes in at a lowly number 5. Despite being synonymous with all things gin. Brits drink around 400 ml of gin per person, per year. However, let’s put this in some sort of perspective. I have many friends who could easily quaff that much in an afternoon
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- The rise of Canadian gin: 5 of the best from the Great White NorthCanadian gin is on the rise. This week, we thought we’d take a look at some of the best brands from the Great White North (with a little inspiration from our Barcelona Gin friend, Sylvia Short). Here in Barcelona, we’re blessed with a beautiful year-round climate. But, like everyone, we complain about the weather even … Continued
- Goodbye cocaine and coffee, hello Colombian Treasure gin!We’d like to introduce you to the delights of premium Colombian Treasure gin from the folks at Dictador (43% ABV). This deliciously smooth, sugar cane-based gin is packed with local citrus and aged in oak barrels to give it a rich citric smoothness that makes it stand out from the crowd. And it’s well worth … Continued
- UKIYO Japanese Blossom gin: is this my favourite gin ever?Banzai! I think I’ve just had the best gin I’ve ever tasted. I wasn’t expecting it. In fact it was a gift at a surprise birthday party. And I wasn’t expecting that either. But this gin has just blown my Christmas socks off! The thing is, there are so many gins around to try now. … Continued
- Merry Gin-mas everybody: 12 tips for a tipsy holiday!He’s been getting ready since January and his big moment is coming soon. The Jolly Old Elf (AKA Santa Claus) is already preparing to sprinkle holiday cheer around the world from his festive fleet of flying reindeer. Christmas is almost here and we’re all looking forward to welcoming Santa down the chimney as we celebrate … Continued
- The rise of Canadian gin: 5 of the best from the Great White North
- Goodbye cocaine and coffee, hello Colombian Treasure gin!
- UKIYO Japanese Blossom gin: is this my favourite gin ever?
- Merry Gin-mas everybody: 12 tips for a tipsy holiday!