So, which are the 5 gin drinking countries in the world? Prepare to be surprised!
- The Philippines tops the list drinking a massive 1.4 litres of gin per person per year (almost 6 times as much per head than the USA)
- Slovakia comes in an impressive second place in the gin drinking table, clocking up an impressive 1.2 litres per person per year
- The Netherlands lands at number 3 with around one standard 70cl gin bottle per person consumed every year
- Spain is in 4th place and consumption is on the rise, driven by its leading role in the gin revolution, its huge copa glasses and its dramatic garnishes, Spain has elevated drinking gin in to an art form
- The UK comes in at a lowly number 5. Despite being synonymous with all things gin. Brits drink around 400 ml of gin per person, per year. However, let’s put this in some sort of perspective. I have many friends who could easily quaff that much in an afternoon
Written by Steve (with a little help from Ruddles, the gin dog!)
Don’t forget to follow us on our facebook community page to join in the gin discussion.
- GinCity, London: the star of your barI love GinCity. Every so often, you come across a gin that takes you by surprise. So, when I received a bottle of GinCity London this Christmas, I was initially seduced by the beautiful bottle. Elegant and tall, the glass is intricately etched with a map of my home city in exquisite detail. Every London … Continued
- Gin Sangria: the best of both worldsSome people think it’s impossible to have the best of both worlds. At Barcelona Gin, we respectfully disagree. Barcelona and London. Gin and tonic. Sun and sea… But there’s a magical combination that combines all of these things in one delicious, refreshing jug of summer loving. For most people, Sangria is a drink mostly tasted … Continued
- Gin Key Lime Pie: a taste of summer sunshineSummer is on its way! It’s that time of year when the weather likes to tease us. We’re offered little glimpses of sunshine before the warmth is dampened by the clouds. We enjoy walking on the sunny side of the street, but freeze in the shade. We have warm spells but we know we can’t … Continued
- Mini-Egg Martini – the perfect Easter cocktail!There’s a little debate going on now in gin circles. With all the flavoured gins out there, when does it become too much? For the purists, the very idea of a strawberry-flavoured gin send shivers down the spine. On the other hand, the advent of flavoured gins has opened the door to millions of gin … Continued